Use full screen for better viewing.
About 1895 - "The store was a busy place in the 80's and 90's. It was the center of trading for the whole surrounding country. Farmers came from Jacksonville, Vermont; from Heath; from Leyden. Their produce would be traded for what they needed. And they could get anything from hoopskirts to beef. One John Bowen ran the company farm on Christian Hill. Slaughtering was done in the fall, and the meat brought to the Griswoldville market where it was stored in the basement. Over the store were shops of a dressmaker and a milliner where the ladies could be accommodated."; "Right- John Wilson Manager of store- Center - Edwin C. Smith- Left - Henry Dennison"